ABOUT BIKE JACKET
Snow, salt, dust, and water are bad for your bike. Protect your bike like you protect yourself: with a jacket. Bike Jacket bicycle cover keeps your investment safe from the elements when it’s on your bike rack traveling down the road. Fat bikes are especially important to protect because they are exposed to lots of road salt while being transported.
Handcrafted in the USA with durable, cold-hardy materials, Bike Jacket zips securely onto your bike, protecting key components. It’s easy to use and durable – fitting both tray and hanging style racks.
Protect your two-wheeled investment. Corroded chains, stuck cables, and pitted disc brakes wreck your ride and your bike. Bike Jacket bicycle cover is an easy, simple way to protect your bike from the elements that could damage it.
Stop salt damage. Since salt is difficult to wash off in the winter, it sits on your bike and corrodes everything it touches. Cables stop working, disc brakes rust and bearings lock up. We love our local bike shop, CyclovaXC, but saving on weather-related bike repairs would be nice. Bike Jacket bicycle cover is the best solution.
Here at Bike Jacket, we love all sorts of bike riding-gravel, road, snow and fat biking. Bike Jacket bicycle cover will keep ice, snow, salt and dirt off your components when you transport your bike.
You have made an investment in your bike. Would you strap your other precious possessions on the back of the car and drive through snow, rain, and dirt? Bike Jacket bicycle cover is made of durable, cold weather fabrics–so go ahead and haul your bike through some inclement weather and be worry free.
Who we are….
Bike Jacket was developed by bicyclists from northwest Wisconsin who would rather ride than clean bikes. We ride year round and know what it is like to haul bikes through all sorts of weather. We have learned from experience and expensive repair bills. Bike Jacket is the solution to protect your bike and components from damaging salt, snow, dust and grime. Unzip your Bike Jacket and hit the trail.
Our Bike Jackets bicycle covers are an easy-to-use solution for protecting your bike.
- Available in two sizes: Regular: Fits tires up to 26″ x 4.5″; Large: Fits tires 26″ x 4.5″ to 27.5″ x 4.5″
- Bike Jacket also fits mountain bikes, with a bit looser fit around the tires
- Built-in tire stud protector
- Handcrafted in the US
- Designed with quality and durability in mind
- For safety, there are windows for brake lights
- Easy zipper pulls for cold hands
- Cold weather fabric
- For bikes with front fork suspension, contact us for ordering info
- We ship anywhere in the US or Canada
INCLUDES A PAIR OF PEDAL BOOTIES TO PREVENT WEAR WITH EVERY BIKE JACKET!
Care and Use Directions
Safety Tips: Because Bike Jackets will create wind resistance while traveling on your vehicle, some racks may need an extra security strap. Know your rack.
Always load bikes so brake lights and turn signals are visible through the “windows.”
- Jackets can be scrubbed with soap and hosed off. Please do not put them in a washing machine or dryer.
- Line dry.
- Never store your bike inside Bike Jacket if any moisture is present.
- Store Bike Jackets flat or rolled-never folded.
- Avoid transporting bikes too tightly as it may cause rub spots in the jacket.
- Use enclosed “peddle booties” over peddles if they have sharp edges.
If you have a bike rack that utilizes a rear tire strap, be sure to cut the openings on a cutting board so as to not damage other areas of the cover. The fabric is rip-stop. There are three options so you can decide what’s best for your rack.